Freshman Entergy Scholars Scholarship applications are now
available for first-time freshman entering Southern University for the Fall
2010/Spring 2011 academic year.
The scholarship is open to accounting and finance majors and will
cover a full year's tuition, books, and room and board.
To apply, the student must:
- Resident in an Entergy Service areas of Louisiana,
Arkansas, Mississippi or Texas.
- Possess a high school cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
on a 4.0 scale.
- Cumulative minimum ACT score of 25 or equivalent SAT
- Declare a major in accounting and/or finance.
- Be proficient with computer technology and have good
problem solving skills.
- Write a short 500 -750 word essay on the topic: "Why
I want to major in Accounting or Finance?"
- Be involved in extracurricular activities, such as
sports, band, honor society, class representative and/or community
activities that demonstrate a wide variety of interest and commitment to
making a difference.
- Support and advocate Entergy sponsored events and
activities on campus.
The scholarship is renewable for a second year if the student
maintains a cumulative 3.0 GPA in the declared major of accounting and/or finance.
Applications can be picked up from the College of Business, 2nd
Floor of T.T. Allian Hall or on Blackboard if you enroll in the College of
The deadline to apply is April 1, 2010.
For additional information, Toni Jackson at 225.771.5640 ext.
222 or e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org.