- Human Resources
- Who's Who
- Payroll Calendars
- Web-Based Training
- HR Highlights
- HR News and Media
- Return to Workplace
- Employee Development and Orientation
- SU Statement of Non-Discrimination
- SU Policies and Procedures
- Performance Management
- Office of Group Benefits
- Teachers Retirement System of Louisiana
- LASERS Retirement Program
- LASERS Retirement Program Drop Summary
- Tuition Waiver & Payroll Deduction
- Student Hire Forms & Procedures
- Downloadable Forms
- Contact Human Resources
Tuition Waiver and Payroll Deduction
Tuition waivers are applicable to the cost of tuition ONLY. Waivers cannot pay student fees, housing charges, etc. and may not be refunded to the student. Please be aware that not all waivers will apply to all types of tuition charges and students should confirm eligibility prior to registration.
Employee Tuition Waiver
- Maximum tuition waiver of six (6) credit hours for the Fall and Spring semester
- Maximum tuition waiver of three (3) credit hours for the Summer semester
- Any full-time System employee
- Employee must be employed in a full-time permanent position for at least two (2) years
- Employee must be admitted to a System Campus to pursue undergraduate or graduate coursework
- Employee's manager or supervisor must approve the employee's request to attend undergraduate or graduate school at a System campus
- Each semester the employee will be required to pay:
- All fees
- All tuition beyond the maximum six (6) credit hours in the Fall and Spring
- All tuition beyond the maximum three (3) credit hours in the Summer semester
- Employees may take a maximum of three (3) credit hours during the work day
Continued Eligibility Requirements:
- Maintain a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 in undergraduate coursework
- Maintain a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 in graduate school
- Each semester, complete a tuition waiver form listing all enrolled classes
To initiate an Employee Tuition Waiver, click here.
Dependent/Spouse Tuition Waiver
- Full-time and part-time students who are System employee's spouses and/or children blood or adoption (referred to herein as dependent child) pursuing a degree or certifiable academic goal, e.g., teacher certification, are eligible to apply for a tuition waiver during the fall, spring and summer semesters.
- Any dependent child and/or spouse that wants this benefit will be required to document their eligibility. The spouse will be required to present a marriage certificate and the dependent child will have to meet the definition of "qualified dependent" as defined by Section 152 of the Internal Revenue Code.
- The dependent child and/or spouse will have to maintain at least 2.0 cumulative grade point average for an undergraduate degree and a 3.0 cumulative grade point average for a graduate degree.
**This policy does not apply to coursework or degree programs offered at Southern University Law Center**
Dependent/Spouse tuition waivers must be initiated by the dependent/spouse.
To initiate a Dependent Tuition Waiver, click here.
Payroll Deduction Authorization