- Human Resources
- Who's Who
- Payroll Calendars
- 2024 SUS Holiday Calendar
- Web-Based Training
- HR Highlights
- HR News and Media
- Employee Development and Orientation
- SU Statement of Non-Discrimination
- SU Policies and Procedures
- SUS Board Policies-HR
- Performance Management
- Office of Group Benefits
- Teachers Retirement System of Louisiana
- LASERS Retirement Program
- LASERS Retirement Program Drop Summary
- Tuition Waiver & Payroll Deduction
- Student Employment
- Downloadable Forms
- Contact Human Resources
Eligible students are permitted to work up to 20 hours per week when classes are in session. Work hours must be outside a student’s scheduled class times. Students are paid at least minimum wage, and hours may be arranged to accommodate the student’s class schedule.
Finding A Job
Students are able to apply for jobs around campus. Human Resources does not participate in job placement. Positions are available in many administrative offices and academic departments around campus. Students may inquire to departments of their choice regarding student employment availability.
Once You Find A Position
Once you’ve found a position and the supervisor has agreed to hire you, the department must submit an electronic personnel action form (ePAF). Then you must complete and submit required documentation through dynamic forms to Human Resources before you can begin working. Students should not start work and will not be paid until all HR required documentation has been submitted, the student’s paid status has been verified with the Bursars office by HR and your ePAF has been applied. Contact your department for updates regarding the status of your ePAF.
First-time Student Employee Required Steps and Forms:STEP #1:
- Click below and complete each of the following dynamic forms. You must use your .sus credentials to access the forms. Click here if you need assistance accessing your mySUemail credentials.
- Email a background check request to studentemploymentHR@subr.edu. The email subject should be your name – CBC request (ex. John Smith – CBC Request). The body of the email should contain the following information:
- Your name
- U number
- Email address
- Contact your department and verify ePAF status. You cannot start working until your ePAF has been applied.
Returning/Reactivated Student Position Requirements:
- Department must submit an ePAF for all returning student employees.
- No additional documentation is needed from the student unless you have not worked within a full academic year. If you have not worked within the academic year, you are required to repeat the first-time student process.
** If student tuition payroll deduction is needed, please follow the process outlined on the Payroll Deduction and Fee Waiver tab on the Human Resources webpage.
** Students can find additional instructions for paying student fees here.